101 rue de la Physique, 38400 Saint Martin d'Hères
Personal Website : https://www.linkedin.com/in/eliott-gu%C3%A9rin-451b01105/?locale=en_US
MSc Advanced Materials: Cranfield University, Cranfield, UK (October 2017 - September 2018)
Double degree between Cranfield University (UK) and Polytech Grenoble (FR)
• Modules: Introduction to Material Engineering for Energy Systems, Machining, Moulding and Metrology, Composites Manufacturing for High-Performance Products, Failure of Materials and Structures, Finite Element Analysis, Material Selection, Surface and Science Engineering, General Management.
• Group Design Project: Solar desalination: off grid water treatment technology. Building and evaluation of a field prototype.
• Individual Thesis: Individual research project starting May 2018
Material Engineering Degree: Polytech Grenoble, Grenoble, FR (September 2013 - September 2018)
• Modules: Quantum and Crystal Chemistry, Thermodynamic, Electrochemistry, Electrical properties, Polymers, Semiconductors, Metallurgy, Continuum Mechanics, Fluid Mechanics Sintered Materials, Glasses, Ceramics, Analysis Technics, Surface and interface, Heterogeneous Catalysis, Rheology, Non-destructive Testing, Strength of Materials and Failure, Statistical Process Control, Experimental Design, MatLab, Catia, Molflow.
• Side projects:
• Performed a comparative study of a mild steel and a duplex stainless steel looking to their properties as construction material.
• Written a bibliographical report about two metallic additive manufacturing processes: electron beam melting and laser metal deposition.
Preparation classes: Polytech Grenoble, Grenoble, FR (September 2013 - September 2018)
• Modules: Advanced courses in Mathematics, Physic and Chemistry to prepare the entrance to Polytech Grenoble.
Groupe Peugeot Société Anonyme: Poissy, FR - Internship (May 2017 - July 2017)
Groupe PSA is the second largest car manufacturer in Europe. It owns Peugeot, Citroën and DS. It is present in 160 countries and possesses 16 production sites around the world.
I integrated a group in charge of integrating on the production line a new premium vehicle
• Rebalanced all the production line: applying Lean Management’s principles to improve efficiency, writing standards for 50 posts on the line, censuring ergonomics’ level of each post by creating a file and coordination of a team of ergonomists to improve it, inventorying tools presents on site and listing needed one’s by creating an online tool.
• Settled a test production line: observing methods of a previous group project, working on the 1:1 scale model of the car to prevent possible difficulties during assembly, meeting with the subcontractors.
Niels Bohr Institute: Copenhagen, DK – Internship (June 2016 - August 2016)
The institute spans astronomy, geophysics, nanotechnology, particle physics, quantum mechanics and biophysics. The Institute has 145 full-time and project-based academic staff, 85 PhD-students, as well as approximately 130 foreign researchers a year.
• Studied neutrons (scattering imaging) for material research: literature review, presentations.
• Investigated porosities’ development during the settlement of dental cement paste, with small-angle scattering sensitive novel neutron imaging technique during a five days beam time at Paul Scherrer Institute (CH): support set-up (design of a new sample holder), sample preparation and measurements, data reduction, image processing and results' analysis.
Date of update March 5, 2020